March 12, 2006

Page 6
The most unattractive thing in this world of hypocrites is agreement. Understand I'm not addressing that anytime two people come to a general agreement they've lost me. Rather my discontent is placed on those individuals who have a constant and continious tendancy, or analyzing more closely maybe its a very unblessed trait to tackle any subject or issue by simply hopping on the backs of others and nodding their heads, either simply to avoid confrontation and having to open their minds or to show a false connection with the inquirer. Agreement is so contrived and overused, which is unfortunate considering it leaves me personally believing that the guilty party has no thoughts or conviction and that they are simple and will continue to live a pre-scripted life. Before I'm made out to be situated as 'political' let me clarify that although I might be against general authority, I detest preaching an uprising or questioning the moralities of everything and prefer to leave that in the hands of my enwrapped buddies. My point, is just a preference for throwing out an alternative version to everything in my interest bracket. I am completely drawn to the unknown and someone who challenges me, who stands up for their mind and opens me up to learning more about them as well as myself and the subject at hand. One should never settle on simplicity, the world offers to many interesting and unique people for such a base take. Let me find that person who knows more than me, questions my beliefs, disproves my word and I'm head on content to not be content, there's a need to keep learning because there's too many subjects available to get bored. For some reason, I aspire to always chase the one who disagrees with me and I can't get along with. I'm endlessly searching for an intelligent and interesting conversation and that obviously cannot be found in an 'okay' or 'Yes, I agree', which led to the realization that if someone doesn't challenge you, you've got to challenge yourself. Playing off this sentiment, I've come to understand why I'm so intrigued by reading. A book puts you in your place, it makes you listen and intake, without allowing you to change the contents or run your mouth off about information you already know. A book can offer answers or maybe even more questions, and if neither, its simple to find another which does. Also, it opens information and knowledge at your own pace and in your own comfortable environment. Most importantly books display their full mind and hold nothing back.

No comments: